The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Doctor Diva

I like to think that I am a pretty laid back guy, but the other night I busted out the attitude for the first time in a while. Let me set the stage first. Two weeks ago I get paged at 1 AM by the hospital because they apparantly can't reach the doctor in the hospital for a question. Well, apparantly they paged me and two other docs at the same time, so that when I called back at 1:20 am, they said "oh, never mind we got it." And that was a bit frustrating, but apparantly the other doc that called in explained the appropriate chain of numbers to call to contact the in house doctor. Fast forward 10 days, and I get paged at 2:55 AM. I call the emergency room at 3:15 and get the same response, "oh, never mind" And that was it, I kind of lost it, I yelled at that person, that persons boss, the bosses boss and kept people on the phone for 20 minutes at 3 am verbally lashing them until I was satisfied that enough information had been exchanged so that this doesn't happen again. I felt a little bad for getting all up in there grill, but honestly I was exhausted.
Nintend dogs rule

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home