The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chicago '05: Part 3


So now, after that great first day, the exciting part of the adventure begins. Happy Birthday to me 8/28. After a lovely mass at Holy Name Cathedral, its off to Wonderful Wrigley Field. In the Subway station, I help a bunch of guys who are also going to the game by telling them which way to go and what stop to get off. From then till the end of the subway ride I was known as
"the embassador of Chicago" to this group of mildly inebriated bleacher bums.

Once in the stadium I take my seat (8 rows off the field...Sweet). There was a wonderful ceremony for Mr. Ryne Sandberg, they raised his flag on the right field foul pole, and he and his wife walk around the ball park to a thunderous standing ovation for one of the top 10 second basemen ever. He also threw out the first pitch and sang "Take me out to the ballgame" as the Cubs man handled the Marlins 14-3 in the most exciting blowout I've ever seen. Truely a happy Birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

ryne sandberg rules!

September 27, 2005 at 8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home