The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Those hot summer nights


The fun and frivolity of Aug '05 continues. 8/16 John goes with his cousins to see the Cincinnati Tennis tournament, where I got to see the number 2 player in the world lose to a nobody in an absolutly ripping game. Afterward my cousins and I enjoyed a couple hours of billiards on their basement table. Man I love pool. The next day brought more sports and more family members. My cousin Karen accompanied me to the Cincinnati Reds game, and we watched them put up a valliant fight before losing 3-2 to the SanFran Giants. Not without drama, though, as Sean Casey came up to PH with 2 out and 1 on in the bottom of the ninth down by one he clobbered the 3rd pitch hurled at him to the deepest part of the ball park before it was tracked down by the center fielder. Drat
Then comes the Clifton Pub crawl. Accompanied by the incomprable Dr. Bishop, we hit 3 bars, played darts and bocci ball, had a few drinks and absolutely owned photo hunt all in the name of a free t-shirt, and that was only the beginning as on 8/19 there was a CSL/q102 happy hour. 2 margaritas and 10 beers for 10 bucks, tough to beat that. I did learn one thing, Happy hour is more fun if you go with other people, but don't fret friends of the blog, john hung out with the cuervo girls, got all kinds of promotional goodies and gave his extra drink tix to a group of darling young ladies before calling it a night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

You my friend a KING a KING i say. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me come back as John. The man has more fun in one day than I have in 2 year. God bless him

August 22, 2005 at 8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home