The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Chicago '05: Part 2


After the theater and bidding farewell to my new friend from down under, I took a stroll to famous Navy Pier. Along with the bright lights and bustling people, it seems that the pier had gone international this particular night. Just a few yards onto the pier there was a cruise ship that said "Jazz Moonlight cruise" and forming a huge line were all the brothers of Chi town and their fine women. Then, there was another ship that read "Starlight Salsa Cruise" and sure enogh all of the latinos in the area had shown up for a night on the water. A little farther down was the Budwiser Beer garden and some Jamaican band. This seemed to be the hangout for the resident white trash of Chicago. And at the very end of the pier in this large, glass room were a sect of the rich white folk all enjoying an extravagant wedding reception. It was like the Epcot of Illinois. On the way back to my hotel room I was able to admire the massive ferris wheel. That was until I was surrounded by 4 large black men and one of them dumped 1/3 of his beer on my leg, and then began fiercly beating the cloth of my pant leg so as to "not waste any beer" Thank god I was to tired to retaliate in any way, because I think I may night be writing these words to all my readers if I had tried to step to this group of rabble. As it was, I walked on and anticipated the comeing day of baseball and birthday celebration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home