The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Phoenix and beyond

Hello to all my faithful readers, and Paul. I know it's been a while but what a whirlwind week it was. Just last weeek I made my way to sunny phoenix arizona. Why? Just because I could. And in Just two days I saw the Phoenix Zoo, the museum of history, the science center, the art museum, saw a baseball game, went golfing, attended a broadway musicle, and checked out the downtown phoenix bars. WHEW! Obviously the best part was the baseball game. I got to get my second ball ever, this time it was a batting practice ball down the left field line. The batter had hit a fowel ball, and no one seemed to notice. So I went from my perch in center field, around the foul pole, bounding down the aisl, and then with full extension used my Cubs baseball hat to fish in ball #2. Not as exciting as catching it, but hey, I was excited. And then I got to see Randy Johnson not only pitch, not only win, not only strike out 11 batters, but I got to see the Big Unit set the all time record for most strike outs by a left handed pitcher, and move into third place overall on the strike out list. On top of that I got to see a pool ball (for those of you not familiar, there is a swimming pool in center field, and a "pool ball" is a homerun landing in said pool) And then after all that excitement, I got to come home and watch the Cubs in Cincinnati beat the reds 12-4 to hold on to their play off hopes.
So three baseball games, in three cities (Pittsburgh, Cincnnati, and Phoenix) all in 6 days. Not to bad. And could only be outdone by my mother's stellar performance at her Tap-Dance receital, where she and her possy really wowed the crowd with Proud Mary. By the way, I don't know what it is, but this is the third consecutive time I have gone back to defiance, and gotten sick. I have a freakin cold. After a month in a hospital and travelling around the country, I get sick going home. Argh.

1 Comments:

Blogger swirlogirl said...

is a musicle as tasty as a popsicle?

September 28, 2004 at 6:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home