The Blog describes the ice hockey game of life of John Diehl.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Pittsburgh rocks

I just got back from a great time in the City of Pittsburgh PA. I was able to talk my cousin, we'll call her Krissy, to meet me in pittsburgh for a baseball game. Thank goodness we decided to get there early because the steelers were also playing, but their game did not end until about 20 minutes after we arrived, thus barely avoiding mass chaos. We were the very first people into the ball park, which was fun, and got to watch the pirates and astros take batting practice, and I got my very first baseball ever, after going to games for almost 20 years. I got a batting practice homerun ball from one of the astros off the carom from one of the seats behind me. We sat in the bleachers next to the Left field loonies, who were a bunch of overweight middle aged men who were heckling the astro's left fielder like mad, but it was funny. The game was very good, with the Pirates tying it in the bottom of the ninth with a pinch hit homerun, but the evil astros winning in extra innings. It was actually a miserable baseball day with the cubs and redsox losing, and the yankees, padres, astros, cardinals, giants, marlins and phillies all winning. The planets were lined up just right I gues. But I did get on the Jumbotron TWICE, lets hear it for the loonies. I got to crash at Krissy's and then took in the Monday night Football game in championship style with a budlight and stacey @BW3. I can't wait for the next adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home